Important Facts and Information for Students and Instructors
Why do we need to submit orders on time?
- Help keep the SRJC HEOA compliant (Necessary for continued Federal financial aid)
- Increase buyback quantities (In the Fall, students can sell books for more money and there will be more used books are available for Students in the Spring)
- Allows time for books to be reformatted for students with special needs
- There are More used books available from our suppliers
- It allows time for custom bundles and packages to be assembled so they are available to students before the start of the Spring Semester
- There are more books on the shelves when classes start.
Doyle Reserve Desk Information
What can be placed on Reserve?
- Textbooks, either instructors’ personal copies or those ordered through the library
- Books from the library’s general collection
- Photocopied excerpts from books or periodicals – subject to copyright compliance
- Lecture notes, examples of research papers, previous exams, rock kits, skeletons, etc.
- CDs, CD-ROMs (The public computers may not have all the helper programs needed.)
- Course “readers” that are copyright compliant
Please note that publishers frequently can provide you with a copy of your textbook if requested.
For a current listing of publisher representatives, visit the Textbook and Instructional Resources Committee’s website: http://textbookcommittee.santarosa.edu/publisher-representatives
Books not in the Library’s collection may be ordered (subject to budget) by contacting Bob Peterson in the Acquisitions Department at 524-1561 or Suvi McGee at Reserves at 524-1616.
What are the loan periods allowed on Reserve items?
- 2-hour, library use only - (allows most number of students to use/less chance of loss)
- 4-hour – can be taken out of the library, but due back the same day
- 1-day or 3-day loan
What is required of students and staff to use the Reserve desk?
A current SRJC I.D. card is required and the CALL NUMBER of the item is welcomed.
For additional information, please contact Suvi McGee, 524-1616 – firstname.lastname@example.org